My birthday was the whole next day too! We had our breakfast at the hostel then proceded to the ferry terminal to go to Vung Tao and spend the rest of our vacation with Katy's friends, Jamie and Phil. We had to call them to come get us when we got there, because our boat was delayed - the engine died 20 minutes in so we had to wait for another boat to come and move everything over to it and continue on our way!
When we got to their beautiful house, we had some cake (they were so sweet!) and actually headed for the beach for a bit. It was the first time I've ever been to the beach on my birthday! The waves were huge! So we had a lot of fun.
That night, I also volunteered to go with Phil to pick up an extra motorbike so we could all get around the town. He gave me a quick lesson, I was kind of nervous, but learned very quickly! It was SOOOO fun. I love motorbikes now and driving one was a total thrill. I'm still not great at stopping though...haha.
We filled the rest of our days with shopping, eating, drinking, watching fireworks for the Lunar new Year, laying by a pool, and going for a bike ride up the coast to a beautfiul resort beach. Phil and Jamie are great hosts and I'm so happy we were able to meet them and see where they live. I'm a bit jealous of their living situation!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment